Tomato, Basil and Couscous Salad
This is a summertime favorite of mine. It goes fantastic with grilled foods, the Balsamic vinegar really adds a zest to the Couscous. It's best made a few hours in advance and put into the Fridge to let it cool. That allows the flavors to meld together a bit more. It's even better the next day.
- 2 ¼ Cups Canned Chicken Broth
- 1 - 10oz box Couscous
- 1 Cup Chopped Green Onions
- 1 Cup (generous) Diced, Seeded Plum Tomatoes
- 1/3 cup Thinly Sliced Fresh Basil
- ½ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ Teaspoon Dried Crushed Red Pepper
- Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
Bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add Couscous. Remove from Heat. Cover; let stand 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Fluff with fork, cool.Mix all ingredients except cherry tomatoes into Couscous. Season with salt & pepper. (Can be made a day ahead, chill)Garnish with cherry tomatoes.